Learning good English isn’t much of a task if you do feel it is IMPORTANT to do so.
The problem is that everyone wants to shine like the sun, but you’ve forgotten to burn like one for that.
So, let me get to the point.
Here are the easiest and fastest steps (it’s up to you to simply roll down and return back to being the same old you or to execute it):
- Watch a lot of TV Shows: Anything from Crime shows to Sci-Fi or horror or detective. Those which involve a lot of informal conversations. And stay away from the subtitles once you start getting a grasp.
- Watch Rom-Com’s and Critically-Acclaimed-Award-Winning movies: If your choice of movies is limited to Marvel, DC, robot-breaking-movies or those of the same type, you haven’t had a real taste of Hollywood. Learn from the Urban conversations in reality-based movies.
- Listen to English music: If your choice is limited to Selena Gomez, Enrique Iglesias, Jay Sean and Pitbull (Indian favorites), you have very BAD TASTE in music alone, let go of English-learning. Google for best lyrics, and imbibe good words from the best songs. Feel the lyrics. It will add to your persona. It will make you wiser.
- Read a lot of magazines: Entertainment, Fashion, Sports, Technology : anything! Keep a highlighter-pen and mark words which seem new to you. Try to use those words in the contexts of your real life. Practice makes man perfect!
- Read essays written by famous political figures or debaters: Guaranteed this will help you in almost everything you’re working on.
- And the last and obvious one. Develop a habit of reading novels : You can choose from any genre. If you’re looking for Indian authors, I’d recommend Anuja Chauhan for her witty narration and exceptionally good vocabulary. With foreign writers, there’s a lot you can choose from.
All the best 🙂
And tell me if this works for you.
3 thoughts on “How to improve your English 10x within 6 months!”
I too think of the same things….
But u made it a blog. ..
Gosh… y dint I think of it..
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wohooo. Thanks buddy!
I agree…….. got t have d habit of reading essays though 😀